Terms of Business of SE Commercial Services – Contract for Cleaning.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Agreement These are the terms and conditions (“Terms”) referred to in our written proposals and Schedule of Work and represent the agreement between SE Commercial Services (SECS) and the Client. The accepted written Quotation together with these Terms shall constitute the whole agreement between SECS and the Client (the “Agreement”). All bookings with SE Commercial Services are made under these Terms of Business, no alteration or modifications to the Terms of Business is valid unless contained in a letter or an email from email@example.com signed on behalf of SE Commercial Services by an authorised signatory.
- Defined Terms Any terms used in these Terms shall have the meaning given to them in these Terms attached or the Quotation unless stated otherwise.
- Order of Priority In the event of any conflict between the Terms and those contained in the Quotation and/or an invoice the following order of descending priority will apply: (i) the Quotation; (ii) the invoice; and (iii) these Terms.
- SECS will provide you with a cleaning service exclusively by our experienced and trained personnel (Cleaning Team).SECS will carry out regular quality checks on the Cleaning Team, to ensure an acceptable standard is maintained at all times.
- The Cleaning Team will, at all times, be employed directly by SECS.
- The cleaning tasks performed by the Cleaning Team of SECS shall be agreed in advance and in writing, prior to commencement of the first cleaning visit. Any changes or additional tasks required by the client must be agreed, in writing, with SECS prior to any change.
- SECS shall not be liable for failure to carry out work if prevented from doing so as a result of any circumstances beyond the SECS’s control.
- Unless specifically directed otherwise, SECS will only perform the services during the agreed contracted hours. If the amount of time needed to provide the services differs significantly from the initial estimate, then an adjustment to the price will be necessary.
- From time to time, the Client may request that SECS perform additional work in excess of the agreed hours and in such circumstances, the Contractor will invoice the Client for any additional hours worked.
- Invoices will be sent on a 4-weekly basis and payment due on the Clients receipt of the invoice.
- Payment methods for the charges of SECS can be made by Bank Transfer or Direct Debit.
- All work performed by SECS under this Agreement will be invoiced to the Client based on theagreed Quotation.
- No payments should be made directly to SECS staff.
- The minimum fixed term for this Agreement for contract cleaning is 12 months with at least 4 weeks written notice to terminate the agreement, after the contract expiration it will be automatically extended for another 12-month period.
- In the event of the agreement being terminated a statement will be provided with final charges due if any adjustments are to be applied. Final payment and adjustments are required to be received within 7 days of the date of contract termination or within 7 days of
the last visit, whichever occurs first, before the contract can be terminated.
- Should SECS be required to pursue payment, they reserve the right to charge a penalty fee for late payment.
- The price will increase at the start of each year by the annual percentage rate of inflation as determined by reference to the most recently published retail price index.
THE CLIENT’S OBLIGATIONS
- The Client will provide the Cleaning Team access to the site during agreed cleaning hours, giving any special instructions, if required, to gain access.
- Changing appointments for the cleaning should be done in writing and directly with SECS management on the e-mail address given above. Such changes can be made 48 hours prior to a visit; otherwise you will still be required to pay the full amount for the visit.
- The Client should inspect the work after it is completed and bring to the attention of the Cleaning Team present any further work to be carried out, if reasonably required. If the Client is still not satisfied the Client should notify SECS in writing no later than the next working day.
- If the Client is not completely satisfied with the service provided, SECS will re-clean any areas and items to Clients’ satisfaction, only when such a claim is made after the cleaning and has reasonable grounds.
- If keys are provided they must open the lock without any special effort. If the Cleaning Team cannot get access to the Client’s property because of a faulty lock a charge for that visit will still apply.
- If the Cleaning Team need to collect keys from a third party’s address outside the postal code of the premises where work is to be carried out, then a £10.00 charge may apply.
- SECS estimate the cleaning time and recommend to you, however some tasks may take longer and a degree of flexibility may be required from the Client.
- The Client accepts and understands that poor service, breakage/damage must be reported within 24 hours or the next business day after the service visit. Failure to do so may forfeit any claim by the client.
- It is a condition of the Agreement that the Client hereby undertakes that he or she will not during the period of the Agreement or for the period of 12 months after the termination thereof:
- Refer any person or persons employed by the Contractor to anyone unless the Client refers the Contractor itself; or
- Offer to give to any person or persons employed by the Contractor any employment similar to his or her employment with the Contractor, the expression “Client” in this context includes in the case of a company its beneficial owners
- SECS is covered by Public and Employers Liability Insurance, copies of which can be provided on request.
- The Insurance policy will only cover damage to property if the extent of the damage is of a value in excess of £250. For damages below this amount claims will be processed by us and paid directly.
- No such insurance will be arranged as referred to in this clause, if the contracting fees for the services have not been paid by the Client in accordance with the terms of business.
- Damage claims will only be accepted by SECS if made within a reasonable time-frame after the cleaning visit. Claims made at a later stage may not be accepted by SECS. Upon termination of contract damage claims are only accepted for the last visit and only if they are made the next working day.
- SECS does not accept liability for any business loss (without limitation, any loss of contracts or business opportunity, loss of revenue, loss of profits or loss of anticipated savings in expenditure).
TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT
- The engagement of SECS under this Agreement shall continue unless and until determined by not less than 4 weeks’ notice in writing given by either party to the other. A termination by SECS of its engagement under this Agreement shall be without prejudice to its rights against the Client for failure to pay any outstanding charges
- It is the intention of SECS that these Terms are made available to the Client by copy or have available on our website. It is the Client’s responsibility to obtain and to have read and understood the terms and conditions of SECS.
- The client agrees that by booking our services they have read and accepted our terms of business.
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be found to be void, invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force.
- SECS reserve the right to make changes to any part of these Terms of Business. These will be provided to the Client in advance.